1. How long have you been doing wedding photography?
We have been full time wedding photographers since 2004 and photograph an average of 25 weddings a
2. Are the photos that you show in your portfolio taken by the actual
photographers that will be at our wedding?
All of the images in our web galleries were taken either by Eric, or by Andrea. Straight up. We ARE the
photographers that will be at your wedding. We are not, nor will we ever be, a company that promises you
one photog, and gives you another. Our style is built around who we are, and, let's face it, no one can do
3. Do you shoot in color or black and white? Or both? Do you shoot in a
digital format that can create both color and b/w versions of the same
We shoot in high resolution digital RAW format. Giving us the best possible image to work with. Images
are shot in color, and we work from there. Images can be provided in both color and black and white
versions, no problem.
4. What kind of input can we have on the direction of the shots? Can we
give you a shot list to work from?
This is the most important point, so please...read these words carefully. IT'S YOUR WEDDING!!! We are
there in whatever capacity you want us to be. As professional wedding photographers, we have an
agenda as to what we want to capture from your day, of course. That being said, we want to make sure
YOU get what you want out of the day. If you have a list of shots that you would like to see happen,
PLEASE, let us know. But, you can rest assured, that we will cover your day like it's our own. So, go
ahead and tell your mom, Aunt Sally, and Grammy Helen to put their cameras down and get their boogie
on. We've got you covered!
5. What’s your primary style? Posed and formal, relaxed, photojournalistic,
creative, artistic, candid, traditional?
As wedding photographers, honestly, we shoot in some variety of ALL the photographic styles.
Landscapes, portraits, documentary candids, macro (rings and food) and event coverage. Again with the
"we don't fit into a box" thing. Weddings provide crazy mix of everything, and we love it. We photograph in
the style that is called for at the moment and can easily switch back and forth between styles to make sure
that your day is completely covered, they way it needs to be.
6. Do you develop your own film?
We do not shoot film...next question please. (just kidding)
All of the images are color corrected from the high resolution RAW files to produce the highest quality
workable image file for you. All of the image editing, color correcting, and image design are done by Eric
7. Do you design your products or are the designs created by an online
lab? Am I really getting a custom product?
Eric designs of all our products. All products are custom designed for YOU! You can have as little or as
much input in this process as you want to have. Proofs can be put into a gallery for easy viewing, e-mailed
back and forth, or you can stop by our Viola home office with a latte and hang out while we design the
perfect thank you card, wedding book or save the date. (Don't forget the latte though, I can provide the
closest Starbucks if you're not sure.)
7. How many other events will you also photograph that weekend?
We will not photograph more than one wedding per day. We may...MAY however, have more than one
during the weekend, as Friday and Sunday weddings are becoming more popular, but, on YOUR wedding
day...it's allllll you baby!
8. Will there be backup equipment available? What happens if the
photographer is ill?
We do carry back up Cameras that are charged and ready to go, as well as a wide variety of lenses to
make sure we never have an issue with any shot.
As far as back up photog's go, we do have a few trusted friends we can go to in case our arms are cut
off. (because, that's the only reason i wouldn't be at your wedding) We have gone to great lengths to
make sure the style of our back ups fit perfectly into our own.
9. How long after the wedding will the proofs be ready?
1. Images will be up on the gallery section of this site within one month following the wedding.
2. Thank you card proofs will be ready within the week following your wedding. Once final approval is
given on the design, they will be in your hand within 4 days.
3. Image disks are ready within 1.5 months following your wedding.
4. Story book pages are ready to be proofed online 90 days following the wedding and once final okay's
are given on the designs, the print and shipping process of the books is about 2 weeks.
so...7 weeks following your wedding, you'll be all set!
The questions below were recently asked by a bride and I thought they were a
perfect addition to this site! Thanks Josie!